Friday, November 6, 2009

Brandon Spikes has nothing on this soccer player

Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes' eye gouge has made news this week, but he has nothing -- and we mean nothing -- on New Mexico soccer player Elizabeth Lambert. Let's go to the video:





Update, 2:13 p.m. - KRQE of Albequerque is reporting that Lambert has been suspended.

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Junior defender Elizabeth Lambert was suspended indefinitely from the New Mexico Lobo women's soccer team after her rough play in a Thursday soccer match with BYU.
Thursday, Lambert was seen elbowing, punching and even pulling the hair of her Cougar opponents.
The junior is prohibited from participating in practices, competition and conditioning activities.
“I am deeply and wholeheartedly regretful for my actions,” Lambert said. “My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation."
The Lobos were eliminated from the Mountain West Conference tournament by the Cougars 1-0 on Thursday.

0 comments: