Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Kiffin Era and some famous SEC turns of phrases . . .

We'll go to our death bed regretting this blatant exploitation of some famous SEC phrases. But we're cheap, visceral, obvious and lowdown, and in honor of Lane Kiffin, what the heck?


Run, Laney, run! Apologies to Larry Munson.

It's meltdown time in Tennessee! Apologies to John Ward.

Bottom! Ward again.

He stomped their face with a hob-nailed boot and crushed their nose! Munson again.

Hotty Toddy, God Almighty, where in the hell is he? Apolog . . . naw, Ole Miss, it's a stupid cheer.

"He had some nerve, and his name is mud, and there never was an ass like the Tennessee Stud . . . " Doc Watson deserves better.

Rocky Top, you'll always be, a pit stop for me . . . so long, Rocky Top, see you at USC, see you at USC."

Burnt Orange.

Pile on . . . I mean add your own.

MG

8 comments:

cryzewski23 said...

ROCKY TOP YOU'LL ALWAYS SUCK TO ME
JUST WATCH OLE LANE KIFFEN FLEE
GOOD OLE ROCKY TOP
WELCOME TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEC

ASS HAT TO THE 10TH DEGREE. WHEN YOU LIE DOWN WITH DOGS OLE SMOKEY GETS FLEES.
You deserve everything you get. Phil Fulmer is really getting a kick out of this. I'm sure Lane made a great impact on your players. They are productive members of society, once they get out on parole that is.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving school or fans. Is it just me or does anyone else find this HILARIOUS.

Unknown said...

Ain't that a Kiffen the head?

Unknown said...

Oops, Kiffin. I blindly repeated the previous poster's spelling.

Roll Tide!

Anonymous said...

Punt, Lane, Punt! ... The Auburn cry after blocking 2 punts for TDs in the '72 Iron Bowl to win despite less than 100 yards of offense, re-phrased to mimick the current use of "drop back and punt" in corporate settings to refer to dropping one project or objective in favor of another.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the poll on UT's next coach. looking at the choices, and seeing Jon Gruden, made me think...

Does anyone besides me look at Lane Kiffin and Jon Gruden and woner if they aren't both illegitimate children of the same mother?

bama brother said...

I was dancin' with my Layne Boy, to the Tennessee Waltz
When Mama nature called on me to pee,
A Trojan woman took my place then
And while they were dancin'
That bitch stole my Layne Boy from me.

bama brother said...

You'd think I could spell Lane, but I must still be thinking of the BCS championship game and the last name of a famous Texas QB that Colt McCoy might have been ranked with had he not been hurt.

bama brother said...

Could not resist another -- with a nod to John Hiatt..

Guess, Vol recruits, where I’m writing you from?
Surf’s up baby – and boy, you ought to come,
Yours sincerely will be rising at eight
Gotta wait in line for my California plates.