Friday, October 23, 2009

The week in quotes

"The University does not deny that it is a serial violator. That is a fact."
-- Alabama, appealing the NCAA decision that 21 wins should be vacated because of that whole textbook thing.

"Where I made the mistake is I didn't see the whole thing."
-- Marc Curles, on the errant personal foul called against Malcolm Sheppard in the Arkansas-Florida game.

"Terry picks out my clothes. I don't go shopping. I don't buy anything for myself."
-- Nick Saban, digressing from the topic of UA not letting Tennessee wear its home orange jerseys Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

"The BCS is the very definition of monopoly power."
-- Sen. Orrin Hatch, requesting a federal investigation into the BCS setup.

"We need the whole state of Mississippi to show up and make it the most hostile environment we can."
-- MSU coach Dan Mullen, on hosting Florida on Saturday night.

"I actually was a huge Georgia Bulldog fan because of Herschel Walker."
-- Florida coach Urban Meyer.

0 comments: